BREAKING: Trey Gowdy agrees to help Trump through impeachment inquiry
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Former Rep. Trey Gowdy has agreed to a request from the White House to assist President Trump as the Democrat-led impeachment inquiry moves forward.
Though initial reports claimed that Gowdy had declined an invite from the White House to participate in the president’s defense, the former GOP representative of South Carolina is now on board to assist, according to Law & Crime.
The article goes on to state the following:
Gowdy was approached by the White House this week as potential legal counsel for Trump as he prepares to fight against an impeachment investigation stemming from a July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, according to a report from CNN. Though Gowdy is an accomplished attorney, the nature of his involvement in Trump’s fight against impeachment is not immediately clear.
Washington Post reporter Josh Dawsey tweeted Tuesday:
“Confirmed, per a senior White House official, who says Trump has blessed the move. Trey Gowdy is on the Trump team.”
Confirmed, per a senior White House official, who says Trump has blessed the move. Trey Gowdy is on the Trump team. https://t.co/yjhaK8LsOF
— Josh Dawsey (@jdawsey1) October 8, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) October 9, 2019
Trey Gowdy has accepted an offer to serve as outside counsel to President Trump. He met with Mick Mulvaney at the White House today.
— Shimon Prokupecz (@ShimonPro) October 8, 2019
NEWS: Trump advisers since late Sept. have weighed the idea of asking former US Rep Trey Gowdy to provide impeachment strategy.
Trump warmed to the suggestion and asked @TGowdySC to be part of team.
Gowdy said yes.
He’ll work from *outside* the White House, sources tell me.
— Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) October 8, 2019
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: GOP Senator: If Local Law Enforcement Overwhelmed, Let’s See How Anarchists Respond When the 101st Airborne Is on the Other Side of the Street
- REPORT: Viral photo shows cop being protected by black protesters during riot
- POLL: Should the U.S. military be sent to major cities to stop riots?
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- REPORT: Dozens rendered unconscious by Minneapolis police neckholds in past five years
- VIDEO: Some police officers support protesters by taking a knee
- REPORT: Cuomo calls for independent investigations into all police brutality allegations
- VIDEO: Keith Ellison responds to son’s Antifa tweet
- REPORT: 25-year-old arrested for allegedly setting fire to historic courthouse
- REPORT: Actress Hopeful After Protesters Breach Perimeter Near White House