BREAKING: Top US Customs and Border Protection official resigns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) —Acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner John Sanders is resigning, he said in a message sent to agency employees Tuesday, amid the dramatic increase in the number of undocumented migrants crossing the border and a fight over how to address it.
“Although I will leave it to you to determine whether I was successful, I can unequivocally say that helping support the amazing men and women of CBP has been the most fulfilling and satisfying opportunity of my career,” Sander writes. His resignation is effective July 5.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sanders assumed the post after Kevin McAleenan, the former commissioner, moved up to fill the role of acting Department of Homeland Security secretary in the wake of Kirstjen Nielsen’s ouster this spring. In his role, Sanders has overseen the agency charged with protecting the nation’s border at a time when illegal crossings have hit record levels.
CLICK HERE to read his full resignation letter.
JUST IN: Acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner John Sanders is resigning. https://t.co/oo0vo95y68
— Axios (@axios) June 25, 2019
Sanders just tweeted the following on Saturday:
Congress MUST act to provide additional resources to CBP through supplemental funding. Without additional resources, the safety and well-being of the migrant population in CBP custody, comprised mostly of families & unaccompanied children, are at substantial risk. We need action! pic.twitter.com/EUgBwcHSnb
— Acting Comm. John Sanders (@CBPSanders) June 22, 2019
Confirmed: Acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner John Sanders is resigning, he said in a message sent to agency employees Tuesday. His resignation is effective July 5.
— Priscilla Alvarez (@priscialva) June 25, 2019
Acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner John Sanders is resigning, he said in a message sent to agency employees, amid the dramatic increase in the number of undocumented migrants crossing the border and a fight over how to address it. https://t.co/4tkwltoPIm
— CNN (@CNN) June 25, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- JUST IN: Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties
- REPORT: Asian American groups call on NBC to sever ties with Jay Leno after ‘eating dogs’ joke
- VIDEO: Chaos Erupts in London as Leftists Clash with Cops After Election
- VIDEO: College student, 18, beaten and stabbed to death in savage mugging near NYC park
- DML LIVE: Trump thrives in Florida (Thurs – Dec 5)
- EXCLUSIVE: Miracles do happen, here is the proof
- VIDEO: New alarms raised about a popular home security company
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain slams claims that detention centers are ‘torture facilities’
- REPORT: Top Pentagon official announces resignation, second within week
- VIDEO: Fashion Notes: Melania Trump Is An Angel in Reem Acra Gown for White House Christmas [PHOTOS]