BREAKING: Top Pentagon official leaving Trump administration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A top Defense Department official is expected to leave the Trump administration after losing support from other national security leaders, CNN reported Wednesday, citing two unidentified sources.
John Rood, undersecretary of Defense for policy at the Pentagon, is set to exit his post following a request for his resignation, a source told the news network.
The article goes on to state the following:
Rood, who assumed his position in 2018, serves as a principal adviser to Defense Secretary Mark Esper and coordinates national security policy within the Pentagon as part of his role. He also oversees areas that deal with the country’s partnership with foreign allies.
Lucas Tomlinson with Fox News tweeted:
“Pentagon’s top policy adviser has drafted a resignation letter and plans to resign, U.S. official confirms.
“It’s not immediately clear why John Rood is resigning or who ordered him to leave. ‘He was told to resign,’ the official said.”
Pentagon’s top policy adviser has drafted a resignation letter and plans to resign, U.S. official confirms.
It’s not immediately clear why John Rood is resigning or who ordered him to leave. “He was told to resign,” the official said.
— Lucas Tomlinson (@LucasFoxNews) February 19, 2020
NEW: John Rood—the Pentagon’s top policy official who raised concern about withholding $250M in security assistance just hours after Trump’s July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky—has reportedly been asked for his resignation. https://t.co/69rymPaVru
— Vicky Ward (@VickyPJWard) February 19, 2020
Jennifer Jacobs with Bloomberg tweeted:
“John Rood has stepped down as the top policy official at the Defense Department. He was involved in certifying to Congress that Ukraine was eligible to receive $250 million in security assistance.”
NEWS: John Rood has stepped down as the top policy official at the Defense Department. He was involved in certifying to Congress that Ukraine was eligible to receive $250 million in security assistance.https://t.co/iX0SRV5vwA
— Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) February 19, 2020
“Big news — top pentagon official John Rood out,” tweeted Jake Sherman with Politico.
Big news — top pentagon official John Rood out. https://t.co/qsaZb42N7r
— Jake Sherman (@JakeSherman) February 19, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: Scientists warn about one way COVID-19 can be transmitted
- REPORT: Republicans rip ‘partisan’ Pelosi panel on coronavirus response: ‘This isn’t about oversight’
- REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
- POLL: Is Pelosi using the coronavirus pandemic to try to take down Trump?
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Dolly Parton shares video message about coronavirus pandemic
- TRUMP TWEETS: ‘Great news’ and big thanks in series of posts
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders snaps at crying baby at campaign event