BREAKING: Suspect identified as Saudi national in shooting at naval base, multiple dead
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Four people are dead including the suspect after an active shooting incident at a naval base in Pensacola, Florida, police said.
The shooter was a Saudi national in the U.S. for flight training, two law enforcement officials familiar with the investigation told ABC News. Investigators are trying to determine whether the shooting was terror-related or not, the officials said.
The article goes on to state the following:
Officials said the gunman opened fire in one of the classrooms on the base, and was shot and killed by responding officers with the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office.
Two victims, in addition to the shooter, were pronounced dead at the scene, and another eight were injured and taken to the hospital. One of those later died at the hospital, officials said.
Two responding officers were among those injured, in the gunfire exchange with the shooter. One was shot in the leg, and another shot in the arm. They are being treated at the hospital, and are both expected to survive.
— ABC News (@ABC) December 6, 2019
A member of the Saudi military training at US Naval Air Station in Pensacola is the suspected shooter in Friday’s incident, according to 5 US defense officials and another person familiar with the investigation, @barbarastarrcnn and @davidgshortell report
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) December 6, 2019
An Act of Terrorism: Naval Air Station Pensacola shooter was Saudi aviation student as investigators eye potential terror link, official sayshttps://t.co/F5Knsbf06j
— Bernard B. Kerik (@BernardKerik) December 6, 2019
#UPDATE: Shooter and three victims confirmed deceased with multiple others injured and being treated at local hospitals. NAS Pensacola remains in lockdown.
Full Press Release: https://t.co/KJdL3SLPvO
— U.S. Navy (@USNavy) December 6, 2019
BREAKING: A U.S. official has identified the shooter at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola as a Saudi Arabian aviation student.
Authorities are investigating if the shooting was terrorism-related.https://t.co/rYu8hwYMRG
— WNDU (@WNDU) December 6, 2019
— Yahoo News (@YahooNews) December 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Alan Dershowitz makes stunning statement on Trump impeachment acquittal
- Swing voters are furious with Pelosi’s impeachment ‘obsession’
- VIDEO: Senate Democrat responds to possibility of testimony from Hunter Biden
- DML: The key to killing impeachment is expose the Dems!
- VIDEO: Pelosi does impression of McConnell; uses grim nickname
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders explains difference between him and Elizabeth Warren
- REPORT: Person who decided to release Strzok-Page texts revealed; Twitter outraged
- JUST IN: Trump given plaque to mark important border accomplishment [PICTURE]
- UPDATE: ICE subpoenas sanctuary city over illegal immigrants accused of murder
- REPORT: Trump releases statement on possible negotiations with Iran