BREAKING: Supreme Court takes action on House subpoena of Trump financial records
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Supreme Court has issued a temporary stay of an appeals court ruling that granted House Democrats access to President Trump’s financial records, Chief Justice John Roberts announced Monday.
Trump’s lawyers had appealed the ruling, which was set to go into effect Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
The subpoena from the House Oversight and Reform Committee will be unenforceable while the Supreme Court decides whether to take up the case. The panel is seeking eight years of Trump’s financial records from his accounting firm.
NEWS: Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts has put a stay on the DC Circuit order requiring Mazars to turn over Trump’s financial docs to the House while it considers a cert petition from the president’s personal lawyers. pic.twitter.com/VnAStx9mQk
— Darren Samuelsohn (@dsamuelsohn) November 18, 2019
The House Oversight Committee wrote the high court today advising it will file a motion by Friday opposing Trump’s application for a stay of the DC Circuit’s decision.
Roberts says that motion is due Thursday.
— Steven Portnoy (@stevenportnoy) November 18, 2019
#BREAKING: The Supreme Court issues an administrative stay blocking House Democrats’ subpoena for President Trump’s tax returns until both sides can file the necessary legal papers.https://t.co/6K1vWsA6Hy
— Jennifer Franco (@jennfranconews) November 18, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
WATCH DML’s Facebook Live news report (Mon – Nov 18)
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Tulsi Gabbard reveals lawsuit against Hillary Clinton
- DML LIVE: Impeachment trial analysis (Tues – Jan 21)
- VIDEO: Massive brawl at college game goes viral
- REPORT: ‘Please do not touch me’: U.S. Senate on security alert for Trump impeachment trial
- LIVE: Impeachment Trial Day 2
- BREAKING: Trump says U.S. to add more countries to travel ban soon
- VIDEO: Former WH Chief of Staff joins network as political analyst
- REPORT: Donald Trump to become first president EVER to do this…
- TRUMP TWEETS: What he’d rather be doing than addressing ‘ridiculous’ hoax
- Watch: Impeachment is just noise, Trump needs to rise above: Former WH press sec.