BREAKING: Supreme Court takes action on House subpoena of Trump financial records
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Supreme Court has issued a temporary stay of an appeals court ruling that granted House Democrats access to President Trump’s financial records, Chief Justice John Roberts announced Monday.
Trump’s lawyers had appealed the ruling, which was set to go into effect Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
The subpoena from the House Oversight and Reform Committee will be unenforceable while the Supreme Court decides whether to take up the case. The panel is seeking eight years of Trump’s financial records from his accounting firm.
NEWS: Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts has put a stay on the DC Circuit order requiring Mazars to turn over Trump’s financial docs to the House while it considers a cert petition from the president’s personal lawyers. pic.twitter.com/VnAStx9mQk
— Darren Samuelsohn (@dsamuelsohn) November 18, 2019
The House Oversight Committee wrote the high court today advising it will file a motion by Friday opposing Trump’s application for a stay of the DC Circuit’s decision.
Roberts says that motion is due Thursday.
— Steven Portnoy (@stevenportnoy) November 18, 2019
#BREAKING: The Supreme Court issues an administrative stay blocking House Democrats’ subpoena for President Trump’s tax returns until both sides can file the necessary legal papers.https://t.co/6K1vWsA6Hy
— Jennifer Franco (@jennfranconews) November 18, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
WATCH DML’s Facebook Live news report (Mon – Nov 18)
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: DOJ investigating leaks on Russian document that influenced how Comey handled Clinton emails
- BREAKING: Veteran Actress, Known for ‘King of Queens’ Role, Dies at 95
- VIDEO: Hoax Impeachment: President Trump UNLOADS On ‘The Biggest WITCH HUNT’ In American History