BREAKING: Senate votes on Ratcliffe as next director of national intelligence
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The Senate on Thursday voted to confirm Rep. John Ratcliffe as the next director of national intelligence.
Ratcliffe, R-Texas, was approved on a 49-44 vote. The installment comes as the intelligence community once again finds itself in the middle of a political firestorm, over whether Trump associates were improperly “unmasked” in intelligence reports during the latter days of the Obama administration.
The article goes on to state the following:
Ratcliffe’s nomination was voted out of the Senate Intelligence Committee earlier this week on a party-line vote of 8-7, reflecting lingering partisan tensions over the post.
Ratcliffe replaces acting DNI Richard Grenell.
“The DNI’s role is crucial to our national security, and I look forward to working with Director Ratcliffe as he oversees the efforts of our nation’s 17 intelligence agencies,” acting Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Marco Rubio, R-Fla. on Thursday.
The United States Senate has confirmed John Ratcliffe as our new Director of National Intelligence. @ODNIgov
— Senate Republicans (@SenateGOP) May 21, 2020
Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.) offered his congratulations, tweeting, “The Senate just confirmed John Ratcliffe as the next Director of National Intelligence. He was an exceptional colleague in the House and he’s highly capable of being a great DNI. Thank you to @RichardGrenell for being fearless, smart & determined as an amazing Acting DNI!”
The Senate just confirmed John Ratcliffe as the next Director of National Intelligence. He was an exceptional colleague in the House and he’s highly capable of being a great DNI. Thank you to @RichardGrenell for being fearless, smart & determined as an amazing Acting DNI!
— Lee Zeldin (@RepLeeZeldin) May 21, 2020
Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) tweeted, “Congratulations to my friend and fellow Texan John Ratcliffe. He will do a phenomenal job.”
Congratulations to my friend and fellow Texan John Ratcliffe. He will do a phenomenal job. https://t.co/VaYFvfDzyo
— Rep. Dan Crenshaw (@RepDanCrenshaw) May 21, 2020
Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) tweeted, “Congratulations to my good friend John Ratcliffe on his confirmation as Director of National Intelligence. John is a fair, honest man, and I am certain he will make an excellent DNI.”
— Jason Chaffetz (@jasoninthehouse) May 21, 2020
The Senate has voted 49-to-44 to confirm Rep. John Ratcliffe as the next director of national intelligence. He received more votes in opposition than any DNI in the 15-year history of the office. https://t.co/W2qwkcd6SN
— Shane Harris (@shaneharris) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots