BREAKING: Senate rejects border declaration in major rebuke of Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Senate voted on Thursday to nix President Trump’s national emergency declaration to construct the U.S.-Mexico border wall, setting up the first veto battle with his White House.
Senators voted 59-41 to pass the resolution of disapproval blocking Trump’s declaration. Underscoring the broad base of concern over Trump’s actions within the Republican caucus, 12 GOP senators broke rank and voted with all the Democrats.
The article goes on to state the following:
The measure passed the House last month, 245-182.
The resolution now heads to Trump’s desk, where he is expected to use the first veto of his presidency to defeat it. Neither chamber has the vote override the president.
— CBS News (@CBSNews) March 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) March 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Election results called for Pennsylvania special House race
- REPORT: Christie Brinkley, 65, shares stunning beach photos
- BREAKING: Kentucky Governor primary election results announced
- BREAKING: Confidential draft IRS memo emerges about tax returns being given to Congress
- VIDEO: Police release video of teens who assaulted off-duty FDNY firefighter
- BREAKING: Furious Trump cuts-off talks with Dems, responds to Pelosi’s ‘cover-up’ claim in fiery announcement [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Freshman Dem lawmaker argues with Ben Carson during hearing
- BREAKING: Border Patrol announces what they found hidden in a truck load of carrots
- BREAKING: House Intel postpones enforcement action after DOJ offer to share some Mueller files