BREAKING: Second Democrat candidate ends bid for the Oval Office
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by VOX.COM:
Michael Bennet, the moderate senator from Colorado and former head of the Denver public school system, has ended his bid for the Democratic nomination for president before the final results were released in the New Hampshire primary.
Consciously and repeatedly rejecting proposals for huge, transformative change like Medicare-for-all, Bennet occupied a moderate lane in the primary as an advocate for incremental tax and spending increases more in line with the Obama administration than the platform of, say, Sen. Bernie Sanders. He argued, “Voters are sick and tired of politicians promising them things that they know they can’t deliver,” favoring instead a more measured course he thought could actually pass Congress. He developed a reputation as staid, perhaps unexciting, and after falling out of televised debates, he struggled to gain much of a national reputation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Bennet ran on a platform he described as “the Real Deal,” positioned as a set of economic policies to improve middle-class living standards that were, per him, more achievable than sweeping policies like Medicare-for-all. He particularly emphasized proposals that help working families, like universal preschool for 3- and 4-year-olds, and paid medical and family leave.
To all of my supporters in New Hampshire and across the country, thank you. I’m speaking from Concord: https://t.co/D7c43hvhxz
— Michael Bennet (@MichaelBennet) February 12, 2020
“I appreciate the fact that you gave me a chance here. “I think it’s fitting for us to end the campaign tonight,” Bennet told supporters Tuesday night.
— Kelsey Walsh (@Kjwalsh_news) February 12, 2020
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) February 12, 2020
Just prior to Bennet’s announcement, another 2020 Democrat presidential candidate, Andrew Yang, ended his race as well.
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) February 12, 2020
Michael Bennet, Colorado centrist, is dropping out of the presidential race https://t.co/h5GPY9SU6E
— Vox (@voxdotcom) February 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit VOX.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting VOX.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- REPORT: Soros demands ouster of Zuckerberg, Sandberg from Facebook
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- UPDATE: NASCAR gives update on Ryan Newman’s injuries, Trump tweets message
- Last day for FREE MIRACLE ME MINI
- REPORT: Boy Scouts file for bankruptcy due to sex-abuse lawsuits
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- REPORT: Trump slams LA mayor for ‘urging illegals to beat the system’
- VIDEO: Greg Gutfeld speculates on why Bloomberg is ‘getting a pass’
- REPORT: Limbaugh says Trump advised him after Buttigieg remarks