BREAKING: Schumer sends letter to McConnell naming top two witnesses he will request for testimony in Senate trial
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer started the Senate impeachment trial negotiations by sending Majority Leader Mitch McConnell a letter with an offer on the parameters, including a request for testimonies from former national security adviser John Bolton and acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney.
In his Sunday letter, Schumer proposed that McConnell call both Bolton and Mulvaney, along with associate director for national security Michael Duffey and Robert Blair, a senior adviser to Mulvaney. All four requested witnesses have direct knowledge of the Trump administration’s withholding of aid to Ukraine and of the Russia investigation origins.
The article goes on to state the following:
House Democrats had previously subpoenaed the men, but they declined to testify. The New York Democrat suggested that each side get to question witnesses for four hours each and added that Democrats would be open to testimony from anyone else with “direct knowledge” of the holdup of Ukraine aid.
JUST IN: Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer has sent a letter to Mitch McConnell outlining his proposal for the Senate’s likely impeachment trial. https://t.co/kMr0UFLDGX
— Axios (@axios) December 16, 2019
— Seung Min Kim (@seungminkim) December 16, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- VIDEO: Schiff scoffs at GOP calls for his testimony in impeachment trial
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- REPORT: Trump rips Chuck Todd for ‘softball’ Schiff interview
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- REPORT: 2020 hopeful celebrates after qualifying poll puts him back on Democratic debate stage
- UPDATE: FIFTH coronavirus case now confirmed in US; infection can spread before symptoms show