BREAKING: Romney reveals result of coronavirus test
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) said Tuesday that he has tested negative for the coronavirus but will remain in quarantine for the remainder of the 14-day period.
Romney announced that he would enter quarantine Sunday after Sen.Rand Paul (R-Ky.) became the first senator diagnosed with the virus. Both Romney and Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) said they would self-isolate after repeated interactions with Paul, who has said he was asymptomatic, while he was awaiting test results.
The article goes on to state the following:
Romney said he would be undergoing testing when he first entered quarantine Sunday, but added that he had no symptoms. In addition to Lee and Paul, Sens. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) and Rick Scott (R-Fla.) are currently in isolation after interacting with people who later tested positive for the virus.
“Thankfully I’ve tested negative for COVID-19. Nevertheless, guidance from my physician, consistent with the CDC guidelines, requires me to remain in quarantine as the test does not rule out the onset of symptoms during the 14-day period.”
Thankfully I’ve tested negative for COVID-19. Nevertheless, guidance from my physician, consistent with the CDC guidelines, requires me to remain in quarantine as the test does not rule out the onset of symptoms during the 14-day period.
— Mitt Romney (@MittRomney) March 24, 2020
Let us know so that we can SHARE YOUR OPINION!https://t.co/dPccqY9Kvu
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: UK’s Johnson gives update from hospital room after experiencing more coronavirus symptoms
- Submit News
- REPORT: Wells Fargo stops taking applications for Paycheck Protection Program loans
- REPORT: Japanese leader declares state of emergency as COVID-19 spreads
- BREAKING: WHO shares alarming warning on how coronavirus can spread
- TRUMP TWEET: Personal message for Dem rep who said he helped save her life
- REPORT: WHO director faces calls for resignation over handling of coronavirus, China
- BREAKING: Coronavirus death toll in USA reaches grim milestone, more fatalities than six wars combined
- REPORT: Country’s PM moved to ICU with worsening coronavirus symptoms. Secretary of state to stand-in
- REPORT: FDA to allow imports of KN95 masks from China amid PPE shortage