BREAKING: Rick Perry’s team pushes back on Sondland testimony, releases statement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former Energy Secretary Rick Perry’s team is pushing back on Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland’s Wednesday testimony, saying the words “Biden” and “Burisma” did not come up during conversations between Perry and the president’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani.
The Department of Energy said in a statement Wednesday that Sondland misrepresented Perry’s communications with Giuliani and the president.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sondland testified Wednesday in front of the House Intelligence Committee that he updated Perry and other senior administration officials over email about how a meeting between Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and Trump was contingent on the country’s willingness to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden.
The Department of Energy posted the following press release on their website Wednesday afternoon:
The following statement is on the record, attributable to DOE Press Secretary Shaylyn Hynes:
“Ambassador Sondland’s testimony today misrepresented both Secretary Perry’s interaction with Rudy Giuliani and direction the Secretary received from President Trump. As previously stated, Secretary Perry spoke to Rudy Giuliani only once at the President’s request. No one else was on that call. At no point before, during or after that phone call did the words ‘Biden’ or ‘Burisma’ ever come up in the presence of Secretary Perry.”
PRESS RELEASE: DOE RESPONDS TO AMBASSADOR SONDLAND’S COMMENTS BEFORE HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEEhttps://t.co/Vzf24D8RV9
— DOE Press Staff (@EnergyPress) November 20, 2019
🚨BREAKING: DOE Responds To Ambassador Sondland’s Comments Before House Intelligence Committee.https://t.co/GK0p9AajVq
— Energy Department (@ENERGY) November 20, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz: IG report shows Obama admin’s stunning abuse of power
- BREAKING: Navy makes HUGE announcement about flight training of Saudi Arabian students in wake of Florida base shooting
- BREAKING: FISA report: DOJ watchdog releases findings on Russia probe surveillance
- BREAKING: Watch live: Democrats announce articles of impeachment against Trump [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: Massive gun battle erupts in New Jersey, officers shot, cops searching for 3rd gunman
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway slams impeachment efforts
- REPORT: GOP counsel’s accessory goes viral. Here’s why
- REPORT: Comey and McCabe fought to include Steele dossier in intelligence assessment on Russian interference
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- BREAKING: Gunmen open fire on cops in Jersey City, school on lockdown [VIDEOS]