BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
The House voted on Wednesday to table a resolution from Rep. Al Green, D-Texas, to impeach President Donald Trump over racist comments he made about four congresswomen of color, effectively killing the measure.
The vote marked the first time the Democratic-controlled chamber has weighed in on impeachment, an issue that has created a widening schism within the party. Progressive newcomers and several 2020 candidates have pushed for impeachment proceedings, but the House leadership, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi, has been resistant.
The article goes on to state the following:
Pelosi, D-Calif., said Wednesday morning that she does not support the resolution.
“We have six committees working on following the facts in terms of any abuse of power, obstruction of justice and the rest that the president may have engaged in,” she said later in the morning at a news conference. “That is the serious path we’re on — not that Mr. Green is not serious, but we’ll deal with that on the floor.”
Breaking News: The House killed an attempt to impeach President Trump for statements condemned as racist, turning aside a charge that he’d disgraced his officehttps://t.co/n70HTs0hpa
— The New York Times (@nytimes) July 17, 2019
BREAKING: US House votes to table a resolution from Democratic Rep. Al Green to impeach President Donald Trump over racist comments he made about four congresswomen of color, effectively killing the measure. https://t.co/ew7qV7MMbH
— NBC News (@NBCNews) July 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NBCNews.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- REPORT: AOC takes heat from Heartland conservatives over her mocking video about Electoral College
- REPORT: One Of Kavanaugh’s High School Classmates Is Suing HuffPost For ‘Fabricated’ Reporting
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump Ms. Nevada has been stripped of her crown
- VIDEO: Amber alert cancelled after kidnapped Texas boy, 6, found dead with mother