BREAKING: Republican officially announces bid to challenge Trump for GOP nomination in 2020
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — Former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld announced Monday he is officially entering the race for president, becoming the first Republican to challenge President Donald Trump in the 2020 race.
“Ours is a nation built on courage, resilience, and independence. In these times of great political strife, when both major parties are entrenched in their ‘win at all cost’ battles, the voices of the American people are being ignored and our nation is suffering,” Weld, who had previously formed an exploratory committee, said in a statement.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It is time for patriotic men and women across our great nation to stand and plant a flag. It is time to return to the principles of Lincoln — equality, dignity, and opportunity for all. There is no greater cause on earth than to preserve what truly makes America great. I am ready to lead that fight.”
— Gov. Bill Weld (@GovBillWeld) April 15, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 15, 2019
JUST IN: Former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld has announced he is officially entering the race for president, becoming the first Republican to challenge President Donald Trump in the 2020 race https://t.co/C70DnA4x9t pic.twitter.com/0b6u5LDviy
— CNN (@CNN) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump