BREAKING: Republican-led Senate panel authorizes subpoena in Hunter Biden probe
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Politico:
A Senate committee voted on Wednesday to authorize a subpoena as part of a Republican-led investigation targeting former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter.
The party-line vote in the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee came amid vigorous objections from Democrats, who have accused their GOP counterparts of aiding Russian disinformation efforts and improperly using the Senate’s resources to boost President Donald Trump’s political fortunes.
The article goes on to state the following:
Wednesday’s vote authorizes the committee’s chairman, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), to subpoena Blue Star Strategies, a Democratic public-relations firm that did consulting work for Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company whose board Hunter Biden sat on. Johnson’s probe focuses on allegations that Blue Star Strategies sought to leverage Biden’s position on the board in order to influence matters at the Obama-era State Department.
In addition to seeking documents from Blue Star Strategies, the subpoena includes a deposition for its CEO, Karen Tramontano.
Johnson reportedly stated, “The question I would ask is, what is everybody worried about? If there’s nothing there, we’ll find out there’s nothing there. But if there’s something there, the American people need to know that.”
Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee voted along party lines, issuing first subpoena in Obama-era probes
They issued subpoena to Blue Star Strategies– a firm with ties to Ukraine gas company Burisma Holdings where Hunter Biden was a board member
— Stephanie Myers (@_StephanieMyers) May 20, 2020
BREAKING: The Senate Homeland Security committee is issuing a subpoena to Blue Star Strategies.
This firm worked with Burisma Holdings and Hunter Biden.
— Ryan Fournier (@RyanAFournier) May 20, 2020
Joe Biden’s son Hunter has repeatedly used Biden’s name for financial benefit.
From 2014 to 2015, Hunter Biden & his business partners were paid $3.4 million to represent Burisma Holdings to have “well-connected Democrats” defend the company from US & Ukrainian investigations.
— GOP (@GOP) May 17, 2020
Why did China give $1.5 BILLION to Joe Biden’s deadbeat son Hunter?
— Team Trump (Text TRUMP to 88022) (@TeamTrump) May 16, 2020
A Senate committee voted to authorize a subpoena as part of a Republican-led investigation targeting former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter https://t.co/eZL0qdCFVi
— POLITICO (@politico) May 20, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit Politico. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down