BREAKING: Queen Elizabeth issues statement after family meeting over Harry & Meghan
After calling an emergency family meeting with Prince Harry, Prince Charles and Prince William on Monday, Queen Elizabeth issued a statement to the public about Harry and Meghan’s wish to step away from their royal duties and become “financially independent.”
The Queen has issued the following statement:
Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family.
My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family. Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.
Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.
It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK.
These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days.
A statement from Her Majesty The Queen. https://t.co/IVSyfeojqk
— The Royal Family (@RoyalFamily) January 13, 2020
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chaffetz weighs in as media heaps praise on Adam Schiff
- EXCLUSIVE: Fox News to host town hall for 2020 Dem candidate… again
- VIDEO: Dad Confronts Warren On Student Loan Forgiveness
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- REPORT: Canadian-born singer celebrates new US citizenship beside voter registration booth [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Massive brawl at college game goes viral
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham reports record fundraising haul in fourth quarter
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- TRUMP TWEETS: Unleashes on Schiff and Dems over impeachment trial in major Twitterstorm
- VIDEO: California man dies after hurtling 400 feet across river in his Mercedes after 100 mph police chase