BREAKING: Projected winner announced in special election for NC’s 3rd District
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Republican state Rep. Greg Murphy is projected to win the special election Tuesday in North Carolina’s 3rd District for a seat vacated following the death of Republican Rep. Walter Jones Jr. earlier this year.
Murphy bested Democrat Allen Thomas, the former mayor of Greenville, in the coastal North Carolina district by about 20 points with 75 percent of the district’s precincts reporting.
The article goes on to state the following:
The district, which backed President Trump over Hillary Clinton by over 23 points in 2016, was expected to remain in Republican hands.
“One down, one to go – Greg Murphy is projected to win in the Great State of North Carolina! #NC03,” Trump wrote in celebration on Twitter.
One down, one to go – Greg Murphy is projected to win in the Great State of North Carolina! #NC03
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 11, 2019
BREAKING: Republican Greg Murphy has defeated Democrat Allen Thomas in a North Carolina congressional district won easily by President Trump in 2016. The U.S. House seat was left vacant by the death of longtime GOP Rep. Walter Jones Jr. in February. https://t.co/KvDzWnzXje
— The Associated Press (@AP) September 11, 2019
— POLITICO (@politico) September 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Morning Joe’s Mika suggests Trump isn’t Barron’s father
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- VIDEO: The View slams Julián Castro’s ‘ageism’
- BREAKING: Trump confirms death of Osama bin Laden’s son
- VIDEO: Horrifying Attack Unfolds On Man In Ilhan Omar’s District