BREAKING: Projected winner announced in special election for NC’s 3rd District
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Republican state Rep. Greg Murphy is projected to win the special election Tuesday in North Carolina’s 3rd District for a seat vacated following the death of Republican Rep. Walter Jones Jr. earlier this year.
Murphy bested Democrat Allen Thomas, the former mayor of Greenville, in the coastal North Carolina district by about 20 points with 75 percent of the district’s precincts reporting.
The article goes on to state the following:
The district, which backed President Trump over Hillary Clinton by over 23 points in 2016, was expected to remain in Republican hands.
“One down, one to go – Greg Murphy is projected to win in the Great State of North Carolina! #NC03,” Trump wrote in celebration on Twitter.
One down, one to go – Greg Murphy is projected to win in the Great State of North Carolina! #NC03
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 11, 2019
BREAKING: Republican Greg Murphy has defeated Democrat Allen Thomas in a North Carolina congressional district won easily by President Trump in 2016. The U.S. House seat was left vacant by the death of longtime GOP Rep. Walter Jones Jr. in February. https://t.co/KvDzWnzXje
— The Associated Press (@AP) September 11, 2019
— POLITICO (@politico) September 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- WOW! Amazing video of New Yorkers lifting a car to get woman out from underneath
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- REPORT: MSNBC anchor apologizes after appearing to use N-word describing death of Kobe Bryant
- BREAKING: Pelosi announces plan to REPEAL Trump’s travel ban
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- BREAKING: Three rockets make ‘direct hit’ on US Embassy in Baghdad
- REPORT: Alicia Keys, Boyz II Men Pay Tribute to Kobe Bryant at Grammys With ‘It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye’
- WOW! Bolton alleges in book that Trump tied Ukraine aid to investigations