BREAKING: Pompeo announces reversal of Obama policy on Israel [VIDEO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Politico:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced Monday that the Trump administration would ease its stance on U.S. policy toward Israel, rejecting a 1978 State Department legal opinion that categorically calls Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank “inconsistent with international law.”
In an address at the State Department, Pompeo stated that the decision, which is a major boon to Israel and is sure to spark outrage from Palestinians, was not made lightly.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The conclusion that we will no longer recognize as per se inconsistent with international law is based on the unique facts, history, and circumstances prevented by the establishment of civilian settlements in the West Bank,” he said, adding that the administration “carefully” studied all sides of the legal debate surrounding the stance.
Politico further reported that the decision “was a reversal from the Obama administration, which in December 2016 allowed the U.N. Security Council to adopt a resolution declaring settlement activity a “flagrant violation” of international law with “no legal validity.””
WATCH Pompeo’s remarks in the videos below:
.@SecPompeo: After carefully studying all sides of the legal debate, this Administration agrees with President Reagan. The establishment of Israeli civilian settlements in the West Bank is not per se inconsistent with international law. pic.twitter.com/3KVqnQ04WO
— Department of State (@StateDept) November 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Politico. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
WATCH DML’s Facebook Live news report (Mon – Nov 18)
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News App
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- VIDEO: Pelosi does impression of McConnell; uses grim nickname
- BREAKING: Hundreds of migrants form new caravan headed to U.S., break through first border [PHOTOS, VIDEOS]
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- BREAKING: Trump reveals whether he would block Bolton from testifying in Senate trial
- BREAKING: Veteran Actress, Known for ‘King of Queens’ Role, Dies at 95
- VIDEO: Hoax Impeachment: President Trump UNLOADS On ‘The Biggest WITCH HUNT’ In American History
- BREAKING: Trump to add two well-known lawyers to impeachment defense team
- TRUMP TWEETS: Lashes out at ‘Mini Mike,’, Bloomberg responds with mocking tweets
- REPORT: Virginia judge rules on bid to overturn Northam’s emergency gun ban ahead of state Capitol rally