BREAKING: Planned Parenthood wins victory amid license dispute
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
A St. Louis judge granted Planned Parenthood a preliminary injunction, allowing the clinic to continue operating even as the. If the health center had closed, Missouri would have been the first state to not have an abortion clinic since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973.
In a written decision issued Monday, Judge Michael Stelzer wrote that themust make a decision on the by June 21. Until the agency makes a decision, the clinic can continue operating.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Today’s decision is a clear victory for our patients – and for people across Missouri – but the threat to safe, legal abortion in the state of Missouri and beyond is far from over,” said Dr. Leana Wen, the president of Planned Parenthood, in a written statement. “We’ve seen just how closely anti-health politicians came to ending abortion care for an entire state. We are in a state of emergency for women’s health in America.”
— Kate Smith (@byKateSmith) June 10, 2019
Temporary injunction granted: STL Planned Parenthood can continue abortion access for now; next hearing scheduled June 21. https://t.co/jcLaKV4Uc8
— Staci D Kramer (@sdkstl) June 10, 2019
— KRCG 13 (@KRCG13) June 10, 2019
St. Louis Planned Parenthood’s license will not expire, judge rules
— Ashli Lincoln KMOV (@AshliLincoln) June 10, 2019
Missouri’s last abortion clinic might lose its license this week. Dr. Colleen McNicholas, a Planned Parenthood physician in St. Louis, says it’s “incredibly frustrating” to have people with “absolutely no medical training” dictate care for patients https://t.co/k7Fxn7agaR pic.twitter.com/5r9LqP6gg0
— CBS News (@CBSNews) May 28, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Ohio child sex trafficking sting nabs more than 100, including church leader, ER doctor [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain walks off ABC set after clash with Navarro
- BREAKING: ‘House Hunters’ host dies at 56
- VIDEO: Candace Owens has mic drop moment at White Supremacy hearing
- POLL: Should Biden and his son be investigated for their ties to Ukraine?
- BREAKING: Chaos erupts after car drives through Illinois mall [VIDEOS]
- BREAKING: Trump sending troops to Middle East in response to attack on Saudi Arabia [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Ukraine issues statement about investigating Biden’s son
- REPORT: Judge orders Trump to answer questions under oath in protesters’ case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez bemoans treatment by other Democrats