BREAKING: NJ governor makes announcement on limits for outdoor gatherings in time for Memorial Day weekend
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy (D) announced Friday that he would allow outdoor crowds of up to 25 people and permit campgrounds to reopen just before Memorial Day weekend.
The changes were made in an executive order Murphy signed Friday, which keeps the cap on indoor gatherings at 10 people and requires social distancing to be observed among both indoor and outdoor groups. Face coverings are not required outside but are recommended.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I’m proud we are able to take this step today and add a little more hope and optimism to the start of the summer,” Murphy said at a press conference.
“BREAKING: I’m signing an EO LIFTING THE LIMIT on outdoor gatherings from 10 to 25 individuals. Recreational campgrounds – both public and private – are allowed to reopen, effective IMMEDIATELY. Social distancing must be adhered to. Indoor gatherings remain limited to 10 people,” Murphy announced in a Twitter post.
Capacity will also be raised to 25 individuals for:
🚤Charter and fishing boats
⚾Outdoor batting cages
🌳Other outdoor recreational businesses
— Governor Phil Murphy (@GovMurphy) May 22, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) May 22, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests