BREAKING: New allegations reported about Trump phone call with Ukraine president
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
President Trump in a July phone call repeatedly pressured the president of Ukraine to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden ’s son, urging Volodymyr Zelensky about eight times to work with Rudy Giuliani, his personal lawyer, on a probe, according to people familiar with the matter.
“He told him that he should work with [Mr. Giuliani] on Biden, and that people in Washington wanted to know” whether allegations were true or not, one of the people said. Mr. Trump didn’t mention a provision of foreign aid to Ukraine on the call, said this person, who didn’t believe Mr. Trump offered the Ukrainian president any quid-pro-quo for his cooperation on any investigation.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Giuliani in June and August met with top Ukrainian officials about the prospect of an investigation, he said in an interview. The Trump lawyer has suggested Mr. Biden as vice president worked to shield from investigation a Ukrainian gas company with ties to his son, Hunter Biden. A Ukrainian official earlier this year said he had no evidence of wrongdoing by Mr. Biden or his son.
CLICK HERE to read more of this exclusive report by the Wall Street Journal.
President Trump responded to the matter during a press briefing in the Oval Office on Friday. he said that someone should look into Joe Biden’s statement, but noted that the media won’t cover it because “he’s a Democrat.”
“Keep asking questions and build it up as big as possible so you can have a bigger downfall,” Trump quipped to reporters as they continued pressing him about the story.
Q: “You want to address this whistle-blower story?”
President Trump: “It’s ridiculous…It’s just another political hack job…I don’t know the identity of the whistle-blower. I just hear it’s a partisan person.” pic.twitter.com/6XAWA0001Z
— CSPAN (@cspan) September 20, 2019
President Trump in a July phone call repeatedly pressured the president of Ukraine to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son, urging Volodymyr Zelensky about 8x to work with Rudy Giuliani, his personal lawyer https://t.co/Di94fygXNh
— Vivian Salama (@vmsalama) September 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WSJ.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WSJ.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: GOP Senator: If Local Law Enforcement Overwhelmed, Let’s See How Anarchists Respond When the 101st Airborne Is on the Other Side of the Street
- POLL: Should the U.S. military be sent to major cities to stop riots?
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- REPORT: Viral photo shows cop being protected by black protesters during riot
- VIDEO: Keith Ellison responds to son’s Antifa tweet
- REPORT: 25-year-old arrested for allegedly setting fire to historic courthouse
- REPORT: Actress Hopeful After Protesters Breach Perimeter Near White House
- VIDEO: Trump Considering Insurrection Act to Quell Riots
- REPORT: Virginia Dems explain tweet praising rioters after night of mayhem across America
- REPORT: Trump threatens to deploy military as George Floyd protests continue to shake the U.S.