BREAKING: Nadler goes after two former Trump White House aides with subpoenas
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
WASHINGTON — House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., issued subpoenas on Tuesday to former White House communications director Hope Hicks and to Annie Donaldson, the former chief of staff to ex-White House counsel Don McGahn.
The subpoenas were issued for testimony and documents related to the panel’s investigation into obstruction of justice, corruption and other potential abuses of power by President Donald Trump and members of his administration, the committee said.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The redacted version of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report documented alarming misconduct and obstruction of justice by President Trump. Donaldson and Hicks were critical witnesses to this behavior,” the committee said in a statement.
The subpoenas reportedly demand that Hicks testify on June 19, and Donaldson on June 24.
NEW: House Judiciary has served Hope Hicks and Annie Donaldson, who was an aide in WH counsel office and McGahn’s chief, with subpoenas for testimony and documents related to its obstruction probe. Subpoena compels Hicks testimomy June 19 and Donaldson June 24. Live on @CNN now
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) May 21, 2019
BREAKING: Chairman @RepJerryNadler Issues Subpoenas for Hope Hicks & Annie Donaldson. Nadler: The Judiciary Committee’s investigation into obstruction of justice, public corruption and abuse of power by @realDonaldTrump and his Administration will continuehttps://t.co/etwJuYAzzd
— House Judiciary Dems (@HouseJudiciary) May 21, 2019
— Ryan J. Reilly (@ryanjreilly) May 21, 2019
“I have issued these subpoenas today to two critical witnesses who have worked closely with the President,” Rep. Jerry Nadler, the Democrat from New York who heads the Judiciary Committee, said in a statement. https://t.co/FhHABfTTUA
— VICE News (@vicenews) May 21, 2019
BREAKING: Hope Hicks subpoenaed by House Judiciary Chairman Nadler. https://t.co/ygKKPPRI3d
— NBC News (@NBCNews) May 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NBCNews.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Warren draws crowd of 12,000 in surge reminiscent of Trump’s ‘surprising momentum’ in 2016
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart