BREAKING: Mulvaney responds to House subpoena ‘one minute’ before deposition
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney on Friday defied a subpoena for his testimony in the House impeachment probe at the last minute, in what is likely the Democrats’ final effort to hear privately from witnesses about President Trump’s contacts with Ukraine before their inquiry goes public.
Mulvaney did not appear for his closed-door deposition in the Capitol, citing White House claims of immunity, according to an official working on the inquiry. The official said Mulvaney’s outside counsel informed House investigators “one minute” before his scheduled deposition that he would not appear.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This morning, one minute before his scheduled deposition was to start, Mr. Mulvaney’s outside counsel informed us that his client had been directed by the White House not to comply with the duly authorized subpoena and asserted ‘absolute immunity,’ ” the official said in a statement.
Democrats said that the refusal to testify will build their case that the Trump administration sought to obstruct their impeachment inquiry.
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2019
Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney refused to comply with House impeachment investigators’ subpoena for a closed-door deposition Friday, citing “absolute immunity” from testifying. https://t.co/S15IEVqWuZ
— CNN (@CNN) November 8, 2019
Mick Mulvaney’s outside counsel informed House investigators “one minute” before his scheduled deposition that he would “not to comply with the duly authorized subpoena and asserted ‘absolute immunity’.”https://t.co/RrMAnJ2GSE
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) November 8, 2019
Acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney defies House subpoena, informs impeachment panel he won’t appear one minute before his scheduled deposition https://t.co/6gi2XISTGs
— Roll Call (@rollcall) November 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- BREAKING: Medical examiner issues statement on George Floyd cause of death
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- DML LIVE: Where’s Obama’s call for violence to stop? [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots
- VIDEO: Deputy accidentally shoots colleague responding to a call
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Video shows moment woman threw Molotov cocktail at NYPD car
- REPORT: Calls for de Blasio to resign trend on Twitter after comments on NYPD