BREAKING: Mnuchin defies House Democrats’ subpoenas for Trump’s tax returns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin on Friday defied subpoena requests from House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal for President Donald Trump’s tax returns.
In a new letter, Mnuchin again says the request “lacks a legitimate legislative purpose” and that he is “not authorized to disclose the requested returns and return information.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The denial is not a surprise. The Trump administration already turned down Neal’s April request for six years of tax information about the President’s personal and business finances.
U.S. House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal said on Friday he was consulting with counsel on how best to enforce his subpoena for President Donald Trump’s tax returns after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin turned down his demand.
“Given the Treasury Secretary’s failure to comply today, I am consulting with counsel on how best to enforce the subpoenas moving forward,” Neal said in a statement.
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig defied congressional subpoenas by missing a Friday deadline to hand over six years of President Trump’s tax returns and audit records. https://t.co/wt4TBtyeiu by @RichardRubinDC
— Capital Journal (@WSJPolitics) May 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- POLL: Is Fox Moving to the Left?
- REPORT: Major retailer experiencing widespread register outages; customers irate
- Trump newest tweet warns of a stock market crash
- REPORT: Jim Acosta’s Embarrassing Book Signing
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Flight forced to change course after passenger assaulted flight attendant
- BREAKING: Trump accuses New York Times of treason
- REPORT: DOJ inspector general resolved ‘hang up’ on first Carter Page FISA application [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Financial disclosure shows the millions of dollars Ivanka Trump earned from DC Trump hotel
- REPORT: 1 killed, 3 injured after shooting at Costco