BREAKING: Michael Cohen to be released from federal prison. here’s why
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
President Trump’s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison because of the coronavirus outbreak and will serve the remainder of his time in home confinement, reports said Wednesday.
Cohen will be released from Otisville Prison in upstate New York, where he is serving time for lying to Congress and campaign-finance violations, a person familiar with the matter told the Associated Press.
The article goes on to state the following:
Cohen has been in prison since last May and was expected to remain in custody until November 2021.
Fox News reports:
“Michael Cohen, the former attorney for President Trump who was imprisoned last year after pleading guilty to several charges, is expected to be released to home confinement Thursday amid concerns over the coronavirus, a source familiar with the situation told Fox News on Wednesday evening.”
From The Associated Press:
“President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison Thursday and is expected to serve the rest of his sentence at home, a person familiar with the matter tells the AP.”
President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison Thursday and is expected to serve the rest of his sentence at home, a person familiar with the matter tells the AP.https://t.co/uw0DjHPcCh
— The Associated Press (@AP) May 20, 2020
Cohen (finally) being released to home confinement. https://t.co/yALUS2rePE
— Katie Phang (@KatiePhang) May 20, 2020
New: After some confusion, ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen will be released from federal prison due to coronavirus concerns and is expected to serve the rest of his 3-year sentence from home. https://t.co/LgfosNrOnF
— Sadie Gurman (@sgurman) May 20, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests