BREAKING: Man dies after attacking immigration detention facility
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) — A man armed with a rifle threw incendiary devices at an immigration jail in Washington state early Saturday morning, then was found dead after four police officers arrived and opened fire, authorities said.
The Tacoma Police Department said the officers responded at about 4 a.m. to the privately run Tacoma Northwest Detention Center, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security detention facility that holds migrants pending deportation proceedings. The detention center has also held immigration-seeking parents separated from their children under President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy, an effort meant to deter illegal immigration.
The article goes on to state the following:
The shooting took place about six hours after a peaceful rally in front of the detention center, police spokesman Loretta Cool said. She said another rally was planned for later Saturday, but it would have to be held in a different area because of the investigation into the police shooting.
ABC News further reported:
Police said the man caused a vehicle to catch fire and that he attempted to ignite a large propane tank and set buildings on fire. Police said that besides the rifle, he had a satchel and flares.
Police said officers called out to the man, and shots were fired.
Cool said all four officers fired their weapons, but she didn’t have specific details of what took place. She said the officers weren’t wearing body cameras, but the area is covered by surveillance cameras from the detention center. She said she didn’t know if the man fired at the officers.
A man armed with a rifle and throwing incendiary devices at an immigration jail in Washington state early Saturday morning died after four police officers arrived and opened fire, authorities said. https://t.co/fgbdZjBtrs
— ABC News (@ABC) July 13, 2019
An armed man who was throwing incendiary devices at an immigration jail in Washington state died at the scene, authorities say. The man’s motive was not immediately known. https://t.co/xG9k0uVQWv
— AP West Region (@APWestRegion) July 13, 2019
The shooting took place about six hours after a peaceful rally in front of the detention center https://t.co/eosk5dFez4
— BakersfieldNow (@bakersfieldnow) July 13, 2019
Authorities say police shot and killed a man who was armed with a rifle and throwing incendiary devices at an immigration prison in Washington state. https://t.co/FhmcRLj7jt
— 4 News Now (@kxly4news) July 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’
- POLL: Should Kavanaugh sue the New York Times?
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham makes vow amid calls for Kavanaugh impeachment
- VIDEO: The moment Christie Brinkley falls and breaks her arm, ending role on DWTS
- BREAKING: High school friend challenges story of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]