BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WCVB.COM:
The sexual assault charges against actor Kevin Spacey in a Nantucket criminal case have been dismissed, according to a court document filed by Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe.
An 18-year-old man, the son of former WCVB anchor Heather Unruh, accused the former “House of Cards” star of groping him at a Nantucket bar.
The article goes on to state the following:
During a July 8 court hearing, the accuser decided to invoke the Fifth Amendment after being pressed by Spacey’s attorney about a missing cellphone containing messages that may be relevant to the case.
“His accuser’s lawyer, Mitchell Garabedian, announced in an email that the suit filed June 26 in Nantucket Superior Court has been voluntarily dismissed,” the Associated Press reported. “No reason was provided either by Garabedian or in the court filing. Garabedian said he would have no further comment. A telephone message was left at his office.”
Fox 61 further reports:
The man told police he went over to talk to Spacey after his shift ended at Nantucket’s Club Car bar because he wanted to get a picture with the actor. He said Spacey bought him several drinks and tried to persuade him to come home with him before unzipping the man’s pants and groping him for about three minutes.
The accuser told police he tried to move Spacey’s hands, but the groping continued, and he didn’t know what to do because he didn’t want to get in trouble for drinking because he was underage. The man said he fled when Spacey went to the bathroom.
Below is the FULL STATEMENT from Cape & Islands DA Michael O’Keefe on charges dropped against Spacey:
— Justin Dougherty (@DoughertyJC) July 17, 2019
— Jackie Tempera 👽 (@jacktemp) July 17, 2019
JUST IN: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey pic.twitter.com/rAhbH22dRn
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) July 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WCVB.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WCVB.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Pelosi claims to know why multiple Republicans are retiring
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- REPORT: Union County high school teacher reportedly told students VP Pence should be ‘shot in the head’
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Even baby boomers are way behind on retirement savings