BREAKING: Key GOP senator: Border wall talks are stalled; Dems want ‘more beds’ for migrants
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), a key negotiator on President Trump’s demand for a border wall, said on Sunday that congressional talks are stalled, raising the prospect of another government shutdown at week’s end.
“I think the talks are stalled right now. I’m hoping we can get off the dime later today or in the morning because time is ticking away but we’ve got some problems with the Democrats dealing with ICE, that is detaining criminals that come into the U.S. and they want a cap on them. We don’t want a cap on that,” Shelby said on “Fox News Sunday,” referring to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
The article goes on to state the following:
Democrats have told GOP negotiators that they won’t agree to spend more than $2 billion on border barriers, well below the $5.7 billion that Trump has called for. In addition, a new issue has roiled the talks: a dispute over the number of beds at immigrant detention centers. Democrats want to limit the number of people detained at the border, while Republicans oppose restricting the capacity of detention centers.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: ‘Bombshell’ report on James Comey coming in two weeks, attorney says
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff just loses it while describing MASSIVE drug trafficking bust
- VIDEO: R. Kelly Civil Lawsuit Ends In Default Judgement Against Singer–See Why
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of ‘GOP’ politician who is actually a Democrat
- BREAKING: Twitter CEO called Rep. Ilhan Omar about Trump’s 911 tweet
- REPORT: FBI, IRS agents search Baltimore Mayor’s homes, City Hall
- BREAKING: Boston-area judge charged with helping undocumented immigrant elude ICE
- VIDEO: Joe Biden says he wants to make America ‘straight’ again
- BREAKING: Outrage erupts over $2M bill from North Korea for Otto Warmbier’s care
- REPORT: First woman elected to lead Dallas County GOP dies unexpectedly at 47