BREAKING: Kentucky Governor primary election results announced
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by COURIER-JOURNAL.COM:
Incumbent Matt Bevin survived an unexpectedly tough primary challenge Tuesday to win the Republican Party nomination and seek a second term as governor.
But the relatively narrow margin indicated that Bevin’s support among Republicans is strained, particularly in Eastern Kentucky.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Associated Press called Bevin’s victory at about 8 p.m. over second-place finisher Robert Goforth, a state representative from East Bernstadt. Two other Republican candidates — Ike Lawrence of Lexington and William E. Woods of Corinth — finished well behind Goforth.
In a separate report, the Associated Press reported the Democrat primary winner:
Attorney General Andy Beshear has won the Democratic nomination for governor in Kentucky, setting up a showdown with his political nemesis — Republican incumbent Matt Bevin.
In Tuesday’s primary election, Beshear defeated two other prominent Democrats — former state auditor Adam Edelen and longtime state Rep. Rocky Adkins.
Beshear will try to restore the governorship for Democrats and carry on a family tradition. His father, Steve Beshear, was a popular governor whose two terms preceded Bevin’s tenure.
Republican Governor Matt Bevin won the primary election in Kentucky. #KYgov
— #ThePersistence (@ScottPresler) May 22, 2019
Republican Matt Bevin, won in KY!!https://t.co/irAxqTJADD
— SA (@shawn_anand) May 22, 2019
Andy Beshear, the Kentucky attorney general and son of former Gov. Steve Beshear, has won the Democratic primary for governor and will face incumbent Republican Matt Bevin in November. Watch for a close race.
— Ken Rudin (@kenrudin) May 22, 2019
BREAKING: Andy Beshear has won the Democratic nomination for Kentucky governor. He will face political rival Gov. Matt Bevin in the general election. https://t.co/bOdlrqu71F
— WKYT (@WKYT) May 22, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit COURIER-JOURNAL.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting COURIER-JOURNAL.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Warren draws crowd of 12,000 in surge reminiscent of Trump’s ‘surprising momentum’ in 2016
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart