BREAKING: Kamala Harris releases YEARS worth of tax returns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — Throwing down the tax return gauntlet against both Democratic Sen. Bernie Sanders and President Donald Trump, Sen. Kamala Harris of California released 15 years of her tax returns, the most of any 2020 Presidential candidate.
Harris released her taxes from 2004 to 2018, “making her the most transparent candidate in the field when it comes to information about personal finances,” said a campaign aide. “This is a stark contrast with President Trump, who refuses to release his tax returns.”
The article goes on to state the following:
According to Harris’ tax returns reviewed by CNN and Tim Steffen, director of Advance Planning at Baird, the California Democrat and her attorney husband, Douglas Emhoff, reported an adjusted gross income for 2018 of $1,889,156. Emhoff, an entertainment and intellectual property lawyer and law partner at DLA Piper Law Firm, brings in the overwhelming bulk of the couple’s wealth and investments.
Harris’ returns show she earned $157,352 as a US senator. Harris reported a net income of $320,125 from her writing — she published “The Truths We Hold” earlier this year. In 2018, the couple donated $27,259 to charity — among the recipients were Harris’ alma mater, Howard University at $5,000, and South Central Scholars, a scholarship program for high-achieving, low-income students. Over the last five years, Harris and her husband paid more than $2.2 million in federal taxes, at an approximate 33% tax rate. In the 10 years before Harris married, she paid just under $350,000 in federal taxes.
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) April 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump