BREAKING: Justice Department announces date for release of Mueller report
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr will release a redacted version of the special counsel’s report on Thursday morning, a Justice Department spokeswoman said Monday, the first step in what promises to be a protracted fight with Democratic lawmakers over how much of the document they are allowed to see.
The report will be released to both Congress and the public, the spokeswoman, Kerri Kupec, said.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Barr will send the report after lawyers from the Justice Department and the office of the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, finish blacking out secret grand jury testimony, classified information, material related to continuing investigations and other sensitive information.
Mr. Barr, who was sworn in as attorney general in February, said in a letter to congressional judiciary committee leaders last month that the report “sets forth the special counsel’s findings, his analysis and the reasons for his conclusions” in his inquiry into possible links between the Trump campaign and Russia’s election interference and whether Mr. Trump illegally obstructed the investigation.
“Everyone will soon be able to read it on their own,” Mr. Barr said of the report.
Breaking News: The Mueller report will be made public on Thursday after officials have finished redacting it, the Justice Department announced https://t.co/MhII8XqmUN
— The New York Times (@nytimes) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Democrats Kill GOP Effort to Censure Schiff
- REPORT: New poll reveals Trump’s rating in blue state he hopes to flip
- VIDEO: Trump holds Cabinet meeting on Syria, impeachment inquiry and more [WATCH HERE]
- REPORT: Pelosi Should Be President, Not That ‘Whore’ Trump, Singer Declares
- POLL: Is Hillary Clinton gearing up for another run for the Oval Office?
- REPORT: Democrats introduce ‘SWAMP’ Act to restrict Trump’s meetings with foreign leaders
- REPORT: GOP Congressmen Send Letter To CNN CEO For Refusing To Air Trump Campaign Ads
- REPORT: READ: Pelosi’s ‘fact sheet’ on Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Fox News’ Wallace Wants to ‘Smear and Cause Trouble’ with Anonymous Impeachment Claim, Former Colleague Accuses
- REPORT: How Hunter Biden landed role on Amtrak board of directors