BREAKING: Justice Department announces date for release of Mueller report
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr will release a redacted version of the special counsel’s report on Thursday morning, a Justice Department spokeswoman said Monday, the first step in what promises to be a protracted fight with Democratic lawmakers over how much of the document they are allowed to see.
The report will be released to both Congress and the public, the spokeswoman, Kerri Kupec, said.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Barr will send the report after lawyers from the Justice Department and the office of the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, finish blacking out secret grand jury testimony, classified information, material related to continuing investigations and other sensitive information.
Mr. Barr, who was sworn in as attorney general in February, said in a letter to congressional judiciary committee leaders last month that the report “sets forth the special counsel’s findings, his analysis and the reasons for his conclusions” in his inquiry into possible links between the Trump campaign and Russia’s election interference and whether Mr. Trump illegally obstructed the investigation.
“Everyone will soon be able to read it on their own,” Mr. Barr said of the report.
Breaking News: The Mueller report will be made public on Thursday after officials have finished redacting it, the Justice Department announced https://t.co/MhII8XqmUN
— The New York Times (@nytimes) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- FACT CHECK: Did Ilhan Omar Tweet ‘They Reap What They Sow’ During The Notre Dame Fire?
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- TRUMP TWITTER STORM: Announcement, “PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!”, “COUP Update”, Melania’s Easter tweet and more!