BREAKING: Justice Department announces date for release of Mueller report
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
WASHINGTON — Attorney General William P. Barr will release a redacted version of the special counsel’s report on Thursday morning, a Justice Department spokeswoman said Monday, the first step in what promises to be a protracted fight with Democratic lawmakers over how much of the document they are allowed to see.
The report will be released to both Congress and the public, the spokeswoman, Kerri Kupec, said.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mr. Barr will send the report after lawyers from the Justice Department and the office of the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, finish blacking out secret grand jury testimony, classified information, material related to continuing investigations and other sensitive information.
Mr. Barr, who was sworn in as attorney general in February, said in a letter to congressional judiciary committee leaders last month that the report “sets forth the special counsel’s findings, his analysis and the reasons for his conclusions” in his inquiry into possible links between the Trump campaign and Russia’s election interference and whether Mr. Trump illegally obstructed the investigation.
“Everyone will soon be able to read it on their own,” Mr. Barr said of the report.
Breaking News: The Mueller report will be made public on Thursday after officials have finished redacting it, the Justice Department announced https://t.co/MhII8XqmUN
— The New York Times (@nytimes) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: The Border Wall Fight Just Got To The Supreme Court
- REPORT: Remains found in Oregon believed to be missing “Seinfeld” actor
- VIDEO: Area 51 expert warns what could happen if social media campaign to ‘storm’ top-secret site occurs
- REPORT: Presidential candidate tells House Dems to ‘f–k off’ after attack on AOC’s ally
- BREAKING: Prosecutors reveal more items discovered in Jeffrey Epstein’s locked safe, including fake passport
- BREAKING: Major development in deal between Trump and Guatemala
- TWEET: Trump doubles down after telling Democratic congresswomen to ‘go back’ to their countries
- BREAKING: Trump moves to end asylum protections for most Central Americans
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham weighs in on Trump feud with congresswomen, Trump responds
- VIDEO: Trump gets into fiery exchange with reporters over tweets against Dem congresswomen