BREAKING: Judge upholds Dem subpoena for Trump financial records
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Politico:
A federal judge upheld a congressional subpoena seeking President Donald Trump’s financial records from an accounting firm, dealing a blow to the president’s efforts to resist Democratic investigations.
U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta’s ruling means that Mazars USA must comply with the House Oversight and Reform Committee’s subpoena for eight years of Trump’s financial records, though the president is certain to appeal the ruling.
The article goes on to state the following:
The president filed suit last month to block the subpoena, arguing that it amounted to an abuse of congressional authority.
Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) issued the subpoena to Mazars last month as part of the panel’s investigation into whether Trump committed financial crimes before he became president.
Breaking: A judge ruled the House may subpoena an accounting firm that handled Trump’s taxes and the President cannot block it: “[Trump] is subject to the same legal standard as any other litigant that does not prevail.” #NoOneIsAboveTheLaw https://t.co/eP8IoWTm58
— Swing Left (@swingleft) May 20, 2019
Federal judge declines to block congressional subpoena seeking years of Trump’s financial records from his accounting firm https://t.co/6j1uVVFHWN
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) May 20, 2019
NEW A federal judge declines to block House oversight committee’s subpoena seeking years of Trump’s financial records from his accounting firm, in the first of several legal showdowns over Trump’s bid to defy House Democrat’s probes into his finances https://t.co/4w9HqLyXsL
— Spencer Hsu (@hsu_spencer) May 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Politico. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Pelosi Should Be President, Not That ‘Whore’ Trump, Singer Declares
- BREAKING: 2020 survey reveals Trump expands base, beating 3 of top four Dems, tied with one
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton names conditions for launching another run for president in 2020
- REPORT: Judge deals blow to Jussie Smollett
- BREAKING: Democrats Kill GOP Effort to Censure Schiff
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham issues statement on Trump’s lynching comments, gets hit with massive backlash
- REPORT: Father blocked from stopping gender transition of 7-year-old son
- VIDEO: Sanders makes big declaration about Ocasio-Cortez’ future in his administration
- VIDEO: McConnell speaks out on Trump lynching comment
- CLAIM: Top Democrats reconsidering 2020 bid for WH as Biden stumbles, Kellyanne Conway responds