BREAKING: Judge orders President Trump to pay $2M as part of civil lawsuit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
President Donald Trump has been ordered by a New York State judge to pay $2 million to a group of nonprofit organizations as part of a settlement in a civil lawsuit stemming from persistent violations of state charities laws.
The order stems from a New York attorney general complaint that alleged the Trump Foundation conflated charity with politics.
The article goes on to state the following:
The foundation has already agreed to cease operations and must pay the two million to a consortium of nonprofit organizations.
— Public Citizen (@Public_Citizen) November 7, 2019
BREAKING: Pres. Trump ordered by New York State judge to pay $2 million to a group of nonprofit organizations as part of a settlement in a civil lawsuit stemming from persistent violations of state charities laws. https://t.co/BDtIFaygYE
— ABC News (@ABC) November 7, 2019
In the Trump Foundation case, the NY Court issues a finding that $2.8 million in charitable funds “was used for Mr. Trump’s political campaign and disbursed by Mr. Trump’s campaign staff, rather than by the Foundation…”https://t.co/mJycgSlK16
— Seth Hanlon (@SethHanlon) November 7, 2019
BREAKING: A judge in New York orders President Donald Trump to pay $2 million for misusing his charitable foundation.
— The Associated Press (@AP) November 7, 2019
A judge has ordered Trump to pay $2 million to nonprofit orgs as part of a settlement with the NY AG’s office to resolve a lawsuit that alleged “persistent” violations of charities law that included unlawful coordination with the 2016 Trump campaign.https://t.co/0Z94M5VzeM
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) November 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: People raise thousands for man who allegedly stabbed ‘Trump Baby’ balloon in Alabama
- BREAKING: U.S. judge issues ruling on Trump lawsuit to block House from getting his state tax returns
- VIDEO: Donald Trump Jr walks off stage at book launch after heckling – from supporters
- VIDEO: Fox contributor names alleged whistleblower on-air despite network ban
- REPORT: NFL Quarterback sidelined with broken bones in back, report says
- REPORT: Mark Ingram after Alabama’s loss to LSU: ‘I’m blaming Trump for this one’
- VIDEO: Rand Paul highlights law that could protect Trump in Impeachment inquiry
- BREAKING: Longtime Republican congressman announces he will not seek re-election in 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Veteran rips into NYC anti-Trump protesters in fiery confrontation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Video shows teacher caught on video brutally beating special needs student