BREAKING: Judge issues ruling in lawsuit over Obama presidential center
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCCHICAGO.COM:
A judge has ruled against a parks-advocacy group’s lawsuit aiming to stop former President Barack Obama’s museum and library from being built in Chicago’s Jackson Park, allowing construction of the center to move forward.
U.S. District Judge John Robert Blakey on Tuesday dismissed the federal lawsuit filed by Protect Our Parks in 2018 against the city of Chicago and its park district.
The article goes on to state the following:
Protect Our Parks’ lawsuit related to the Obama Presidential Center claimed the city was trying to illegally transfer park land to The Obama Foundation, a private entity, by manipulating the approval process to skirt long-standing laws designed to ensure residents had unobstructed access to lakeside parks.
City lawyers said Protect Our Parks misread the law, misrepresented how the approval process played out and exaggerated potential environmental disruptions.
In a separate report, the Chicago SunTimes provided the following details:
In a surprisingly swift decision Tuesday, Blakey tossed a lawsuit filed by the advocacy group Protect Our Parks that has helped to delay the Obama Center. He said there “should be no delay” in construction and ended an hour of arguments with a terse “this case is dismissed.”
— Scott Fornek (@sfornek) June 11, 2019
A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit seeking to halt construction of the Obama Presidential Center in Chicago’s Jackson Park. https://t.co/SacFj7UffS
— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) June 11, 2019
— ABC 7 Chicago (@ABC7Chicago) June 11, 2019
A federal judge in Chicago says he’ll dismiss a lawsuit brought by a parks advocacy group that is trying to stop former President Barack Obama’s presidential center from being built in a lakefront park. https://t.co/jqvCvZ6EeQ
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) June 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCCHICAGO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-minutes of his new film on the subject in the video below. CLICK HERE to learn more. WATCH video below:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NBCCHICAGO.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement on deportations, DML responds
- BREAKING: Judge dismisses House Dem’s lawsuit over border wall funding
- VIDEO: Former campaign staffer charged with murdering ex-senator
- TRUMP TWEET: Something weird going on at Fox
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- VIDEO: Mayor of border town overrun by illegal immigrants blasts federal government
- REPORT: State House REJECTS popular vote proposal
- BREAKING: Trump announces major shakeup on Secretary of Defense appointment