BREAKING: In a rebuke to Trump, Senate votes to end American aid to Saudi war in Yemen
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
The Senate voted Wednesday to end American aid to the Saudi war in Yemen. The vote served as a rebuke to President Trump, who has continued to support Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman since the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist and American resident, despite Salman’s suspected involvement in the murder.
The bill, co-sponsored by Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Chris Murphy, D-Conn., passed 54-46.
The article goes on to state the following:
This is the second time the Senate approved cutting off military assistance to the Saudis, as the same measure passed in December, but then-House Speaker Paul Ryan refused to bring it to the House floor. Several Republicans joined Democrats in passing the bill in the Senate that time around, resulting in a 56-41 vote.
Senators from both parties have been angered by Mr. Trump’s response to Khashoggi’s death.
Breaking: Senate rebuffs Trump with vote cutting off U.S. support in Yemen war https://t.co/IQHmR08I5k
— POLITICO (@politico) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- REPORT: Edward Snowden issues statement after Julian Assange charged with espionage
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- VIDEO: White House aide points out ‘fake news’, calls for end to attempts to smear Trump
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill