BREAKING: ICE Arrests 50 Individuals Involved In Sham Marriage
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by OANN.COM:
ICE agents in Texas have arrested 50 people linked to a large-scale fraudulent marriage operation. On Monday, authorities announced the suspects are in custody for participating in a wedding scam used by Vietnamese nationals to bypass immigration procedures. The defendants were joined by their families in court as back to back hearings took place.
The scheme reportedly began in August of 2013, and is responsible for over 150 sham marriages. The alleged ring leader — Ashley Nguyen — reportedly ran the operation from her home and from an office building nearby, where she created fraudulent paperwork for immigration authorities. During a raid, ICE officials found fake wedding photo albums used to make the marriages seem legitimate.
— ICE (@ICEgov) May 13, 2019
The article goes on to state the following:
Prosecutors said U.S. citizens were recruited to marry foreigners, who paid $20,000 to $70,000 in cash for the marriage. The U.S. citizens received a cut of the money, while the Vietnamese nationals obtained visas. Prosecutors called the marriages a sham because the couples never intended to live together. Most of the couples only met once for their wedding day.
Nguyen’s attorney — Mark Carter — denied she did anything wrong: “She’s essentially become part of this indictment because she’s helped people.”
Officials said this is the largest marriage fraud conspiracy unraveled in the Houston area.
To get more information about this article, please visit OANN.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting OANN.COM
Trending on DML News App
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds after Trump orders declassification of surveillance documents
- BREAKING: Facebook announces decision on viral doctored Pelosi video
- POLL: Do you support Trump’s move to declassify documents related to the surveillance of his campaign?
- REPORT: Pelosi’s daughter launches Twitterstorm, rips altered videos
- BREAKING: Trump strikes, orders declassification of documents, cooperation with Barr
- VIDEO: White House aide points out ‘fake news’, calls for end to attempts to smear Trump
- REPORT: Mother and twin daughters starved to death in apartment
- REPORT: Schiff lambasts Trump’s order to intel agencies to cooperate with Barr probe
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Brennan’s prized Russia informant suddenly imperiled by Barr’s new power