BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Bloomberg:
The House passed a bipartisan resolution rebuking President Donald Trump for withdrawing U.S. forces from Syria, a decision that cleared the path for Turkey to invade territory controlled by Kurds that were allied with the U.S. against the Islamic State.
The measure, passed by a 354-60 vote Wednesday, says the withdrawal benefits U.S. adversaries including Syria, Iran and Russia. It calls on Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to “immediately cease unilateral military action” in northern Syria.
“This resolution reaffirms our commitment to supporting our Kurdish partners and preventing an ISIS resurgence that would threaten our homeland,” Representative Michael McCaul, the lead House GOP sponsor of the measure and the top Republican on the Foreign Affairs Committee, said in a statement.
— Yannis Koutsomitis (@YanniKouts) October 16, 2019
— Mark Albert (@malbertnews) October 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Bloomberg. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Bloomberg
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Celebrity singer calls flight attendant ‘racist’ after incident onboard
- REPORT: First Lady Melania Trump given disgusting label on Wikimedia’s Wikidata Site
- POLL: Was Trump’s tweet against Yovanovitch ‘intimidation of a witness’?
- REPORT: State Dept. official confirms Trump-Sondland conversation on Ukraine probes
- EXCLUSIVE: Ilhan Omar threatens Trump amid impeachment hearings
- VIDEO: Trump accuses intelligence inspector general of seeking ‘publicity for himself’
- REPORT: Former WH counsel: Trump ‘should have been impeached the day he walked in’
- BREAKING: Stolen Kansas trailer found, thousands of meals inside meant for homeless vets gone
- REPORT: New witness claims first-hand account of Trump’s push for Ukraine probes
- BREAKING: Boeing 737 forced to divert after engine shuts down