BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Bloomberg:
The House passed a bipartisan resolution rebuking President Donald Trump for withdrawing U.S. forces from Syria, a decision that cleared the path for Turkey to invade territory controlled by Kurds that were allied with the U.S. against the Islamic State.
The measure, passed by a 354-60 vote Wednesday, says the withdrawal benefits U.S. adversaries including Syria, Iran and Russia. It calls on Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to “immediately cease unilateral military action” in northern Syria.
“This resolution reaffirms our commitment to supporting our Kurdish partners and preventing an ISIS resurgence that would threaten our homeland,” Representative Michael McCaul, the lead House GOP sponsor of the measure and the top Republican on the Foreign Affairs Committee, said in a statement.
— Yannis Koutsomitis (@YanniKouts) October 16, 2019
— Mark Albert (@malbertnews) October 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Bloomberg. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Bloomberg
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: GOP Senator: If Local Law Enforcement Overwhelmed, Let’s See How Anarchists Respond When the 101st Airborne Is on the Other Side of the Street
- POLL: Should the U.S. military be sent to major cities to stop riots?
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- REPORT: Viral photo shows cop being protected by black protesters during riot
- VIDEO: Keith Ellison responds to son’s Antifa tweet
- REPORT: 25-year-old arrested for allegedly setting fire to historic courthouse
- REPORT: Actress Hopeful After Protesters Breach Perimeter Near White House
- VIDEO: Trump Considering Insurrection Act to Quell Riots
- REPORT: Virginia Dems explain tweet praising rioters after night of mayhem across America
- REPORT: Trump threatens to deploy military as George Floyd protests continue to shake the U.S.