BREAKING: House votes for Mueller report to be made public
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The House passed a resolution Thursday calling on Justice Department officials to release special counsel Robert Mueller’s highly anticipated report about his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Lawmakers unanimously passed the non-binding resolution in a 420-0 vote, with a handful of Republicans voting “present” on the measure. The resolution calls for the Justice Department to release Mueller’s report to Congress and the public.
The article goes on to state the following:
The measure — introduced by House Judiciary Chairman Jarrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) — argues there is “overwhelming public interest” to release the contents of the high-profile report. The resolution calls on the department to fully release the report to Congress and to release it to the public “except to the extent the public disclosure of any portion thereof is expressly prohibited by law.”
Should the Justice Department decide against releasing the report to the public, House Democrats could potentially subpoena the department for its contents. Thursday’s vote also provided the opportunity for Democrats to force Republicans into potentially taking a difficult vote.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Freshman Dem lawmaker argues with Ben Carson during hearing
- BREAKING: Judge decides if Deutsche Bank, Capital One can give Trump financial records to Democrats
- BREAKING: Furious Trump cuts-off talks with Dems, responds to Pelosi’s ‘cover-up’ claim in fiery announcement [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- TRUMP TWEETS: Blasts out statement to Dems, ‘thanks’ Pelosi for her ‘prayers’
- POLL: Dems unleash on Trump – Can his presidency survive?
- BREAKING: Two banks have turned Trump’s financial records over to House
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Trump Surging in Key State; Tops Every Democrat in New SHOCK Poll
- BREAKING: House Intel postpones enforcement action after DOJ offer to share some Mueller files