BREAKING: House votes on $4.5B border funding bill
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The House passed a $4.5 billion border funding bill on Tuesday after last-minute changes were made to the legislation to sway progressive and Latino lawmakers who previously weren’t on board.
The Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Humanitarian Assistance and Security at the Southern Border Act, which aims to provide humanitarian aid and address the flow of migrants, faces a veto threat from the White House and an uphill battle in the upper chamber, which is slated to bring up its own border bill as soon as Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
An amendment to the just-passed bill, unveiled by the House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday morning, added provisions that would require Customs and Border Protection to enact health standards for individuals in custody, including implementing standards for both adults and children for “medical emergencies; nutrition, hygiene, and facilities; and personnel training.”
Lawmakers approved the bill in a 230-195 vote. Most Democrats voted in favor while most Republicans opposed the measure.
House passes $4.5 billion emergency border aid bill with provisions for the treatment of migrant children in U.S. custody https://t.co/yr0Wz3lXop
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) June 26, 2019
JUST IN: US House passes border funding bill to address humanitarian crisis; Senate is expected to take up its version of the bill Wednesday. https://t.co/DPQTBsqdaN
— NBC News (@NBCNews) June 26, 2019
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) June 26, 2019
The House voted 230-195 on Tuesday evening to approve a $4.5 billion emergency funding bill for humanitarian assistance for migrants and additional security measures at the U.S. southern border.https://t.co/SygieNWu2H
— Axios (@axios) June 26, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- JUST IN: Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties
- REPORT: Asian American groups call on NBC to sever ties with Jay Leno after ‘eating dogs’ joke
- VIDEO: Chaos Erupts in London as Leftists Clash with Cops After Election
- VIDEO: College student, 18, beaten and stabbed to death in savage mugging near NYC park
- DML LIVE: Trump thrives in Florida (Thurs – Dec 5)
- EXCLUSIVE: Miracles do happen, here is the proof
- VIDEO: New alarms raised about a popular home security company
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain slams claims that detention centers are ‘torture facilities’
- VIDEO: Intel chief loses patience with Schiff in tense hearing
- REPORT: Top Pentagon official announces resignation, second within week