BREAKING: House votes on $4.5B border funding bill
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The House passed a $4.5 billion border funding bill on Tuesday after last-minute changes were made to the legislation to sway progressive and Latino lawmakers who previously weren’t on board.
The Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Humanitarian Assistance and Security at the Southern Border Act, which aims to provide humanitarian aid and address the flow of migrants, faces a veto threat from the White House and an uphill battle in the upper chamber, which is slated to bring up its own border bill as soon as Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
An amendment to the just-passed bill, unveiled by the House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday morning, added provisions that would require Customs and Border Protection to enact health standards for individuals in custody, including implementing standards for both adults and children for “medical emergencies; nutrition, hygiene, and facilities; and personnel training.”
Lawmakers approved the bill in a 230-195 vote. Most Democrats voted in favor while most Republicans opposed the measure.
House passes $4.5 billion emergency border aid bill with provisions for the treatment of migrant children in U.S. custody https://t.co/yr0Wz3lXop
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) June 26, 2019
JUST IN: US House passes border funding bill to address humanitarian crisis; Senate is expected to take up its version of the bill Wednesday. https://t.co/DPQTBsqdaN
— NBC News (@NBCNews) June 26, 2019
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) June 26, 2019
The House voted 230-195 on Tuesday evening to approve a $4.5 billion emergency funding bill for humanitarian assistance for migrants and additional security measures at the U.S. southern border.https://t.co/SygieNWu2H
— Axios (@axios) June 26, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: U.S. judge issues ruling on Trump lawsuit to block House from getting his state tax returns
- VIDEO: Spoiler Alert: Here’s what happened to Sean Spicer on ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- BREAKING: Pentagon official makes allegations about Trump and Ukraine in testimony [READ TRANSCRIPT]
- OP-ED: Fox analyst says Democrats’ Trump impeachment inquiry is already in big trouble, thanks to one man
- REPORT: Rex Tillerson speaks out after Haley accusation
- BREAKING: Mexico makes arrests in massacre of American women, children -minister
- EXCLUSIVE: Veteran rips into NYC anti-Trump protesters in fiery confrontation [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Supreme Court makes decision on lawsuit against gun manufacturer brought by Sandy Hook families
- VIDEO: Details emerge of how Trump saved the NYC Veterans Day Parade nearly 20 years ago
- VIDEO: Things Get Awkward On MSNBC When Student Makes Statement About Jeffrey Epstein