BREAKING: House GOP campaign arm faces ethics complaint
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) on Monday filed an ethics complaint calling for an investigation into the House GOP campaign arm and its chairman, Rep. Tom Emmer (R-Minn.) over the use of “trackers” filming lawmakers in Capitol Hill office buildings.
The DCCC argued in a letter to the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) that the National Republican Congressional Committees’s (NRCC) use of employees tracking and videotaping Democrats from competitive districts in the Capitol complex is a violation of House rules that prohibit the use of official resources for political purposes.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The House Ethics Manual clearly and unequivocally states that House buildings and offices constitute official resources and must not be used for campaign or political activities. But that is exactly what Representative Emmer, through NRCC, appears to have done here,” DCCC executive director Lucinda Guinn wrote in a letter to OCE chief counsel Omar Ashmawy.
— Kirk A. Bado (@kirk_bado) January 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chaffetz weighs in as media heaps praise on Adam Schiff
- EXCLUSIVE: Fox News to host town hall for 2020 Dem candidate… again
- VIDEO: Dad Confronts Warren On Student Loan Forgiveness
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- REPORT: Canadian-born singer celebrates new US citizenship beside voter registration booth [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Massive brawl at college game goes viral
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham reports record fundraising haul in fourth quarter
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- TRUMP TWEETS: Unleashes on Schiff and Dems over impeachment trial in major Twitterstorm
- VIDEO: California man dies after hurtling 400 feet across river in his Mercedes after 100 mph police chase