BREAKING: House Democrats subpoena Pentagon chief, other officials, for documents in impeachment inquiry
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
House investigators subpoenaed documents from the Department of Defense and Office of Management and Budget on Monday about the withholding of military aid to Ukraine as the Democratic-led impeachment inquiry barreled forward.
The move came after Republicans stepped up their attacks on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) after late-night tweets from President Trump suggesting that she should be removed from office, not him.
The article goes on to state the following:
A State Department official declined to appear Monday morning at a planned deposition by House committees seeking to learn more about Trump’s efforts to press the leader of Ukraine to investigate former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden at a time when U.S. military assistance had been suspended.
“The enclosed subpoena demands documents that are necessary for the committees to examine this sequence of these events and the reasons behind the White House’s decision to withhold critical military assistance to Ukraine that was appropriated by Congress to counter Russian aggression,” the document reads.
The Committees are seeking documents on the President’s decision to withhold military assistance from Ukraine.
— House Foreign Affairs Committee (@HouseForeign) October 7, 2019
— ABC News (@ABC) October 7, 2019
MORE: “Your failure or refusal to comply with the subpoena, including at the direction or behest of the President or the White House, shall constitute evidence of obstruction…and may be used as an adverse inference against you and the President,” the letters state. https://t.co/9VfyTqO1kd
— ABC News (@ABC) October 7, 2019
NEW: House Democrats have subpoenaed the DoD and OMB for documents related to Trump’s efforts to push Ukraine to investigate Joe Bidenhttps://t.co/feEWeMuyaw
— Axios (@axios) October 7, 2019
Schiff/Cummings/Engel send subpoenas to Pentagon/OMB: “Pursuant to the House of Representatives’ impeachment inquiry, we are hereby transmitting a subpoena that compels you to produce the documents set forth in the accompanying schedule by October 15, 2019”
— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) October 7, 2019
House committees subpoena Pentagon chief and acting director of Office of Management and Budget for documents in impeachment inquiry https://t.co/K3cszv5bFg
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Democrats name Cummings replacement for acting chair of House Oversight Committee
- VIDEO: Pelosi: ‘The Voters Are Not Going to Decide’
- BREAKING: Sondland to throw Trump under the bus in congress testimony, reports say
- TRUMP TWEET: Releases statement on death of Elijah Cummings
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly
- VIDEO: Women for Trump hold marches in DC, across the nation, bus line leaves many stranded
- REPORT: Justice becomes first to break new two-minute rule as Supreme Court hears immigration case
- VIDEO: Network Falsely Claims White House ‘Admits to Quid Pro Quo’ with Ukraine
- REPORT: Democrat-Controlled House Passed Bill with ‘Quid Pro Quo’ on Election Interference
- VIDEO: Scalise: People should be alarmed by how Pelosi, Schiff trying to impeach Trump