BREAKING: Former television anchor to challenge Ocasio-Cortez in Democratic primary
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNBC:
Former longtime CNBC correspondent and anchor Michelle Caruso-Cabrera has launched a challenge in the Democratic primary against freshman firebrand Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York.
Caruso-Cabrera, who became a CNBC contributor when she left the network in September 2018, serves as a member of the board of directors for financial services firm Beneficient. She will take a leave from her role as CNBC contributor for the duration of the campaign, a CNBC spokesperson said.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to a filing late Monday, she will run as a Democrat in that party’s primary in the 14th District. Caruso-Cabrera is known to be a skeptic of government and a proponent of free markets. In 2010, she published a book called “You Know I’m Right: More Prosperity, Less Government.” She has been a registered Democrat for several years.
The report states that Caruso-Cabrera worked at CNBC for over 20 years, as the network’s chief international correspondent. Prior to that, she worked at Univsion, and also at WTSP-TV, the CBS affiliate in St. Petersburg, Fla.
“I’m running for NY-14, to fight for the people of Queens & the Bronx, daughter of Cuban immigrants and living the American Dream,” Caruso-Cabrera said in a Twitter post Tuesday.
I’m running for NY-14, to fight for the people of Queens & the Bronx, daughter of Cuban immigrants and living the American Dream 🇺🇸 https://t.co/DY5eLoCKgL
— Michelle Caruso-Cabrera (@MCaruso_Cabrera) February 11, 2020
JUST IN: Former longtime CNBC correspondent and anchor @MCaruso_Cabrera filed late Monday to run for Congress in New York’s 14th District – the seat currently held by Democratic freshman firebrand Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. (@AOC) https://t.co/VisuNph76X
— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) February 11, 2020
Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, a former longtime CNBC correspondent and anchor, has launched a challenge against Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, according to a filing with the Federal Election Commission. https://t.co/JhXVhzJqxj
— CNN (@CNN) February 11, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNBC
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- DML LIVE: Trump rocks, Bernie offers fake promises and hides truth
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: ‘Michelle Obama loved him’: Trump blasts Democrats for relationships with Harvey Weinstein