BREAKING: Former governor suspends Democrat presidential campaign
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Deval Patrick, the 63-year-old former governor of Massachusetts has suspended his run in the Democratic presidential race.
“The vote in New Hampshire last night was not enough for us to create the practical wind at the campaign’s back to go on to the next round of voting. So I have decided to suspend the campaign, effective immediately,” he wrote supporters on Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Patrick, who joined the 2020 presidential race in November, said he aimed to be the alternative choice for voters who are unsatisfied with the current candidates.However, his polling numbers were never competitive and the two-term governor never made it to a debate stage.
ABC News noted that Deval “was governor of Massachusetts from 2007 to 2015 and was the fist African American elected to the position.”
.@DevalPatrick suspends his campaign after NH primary result. “New Hampshire last night was not enough for us to create the practical wind at the campaign’s back to go on to the next round of voting. So I have decided to suspend the campaign, effective immediately.” pic.twitter.com/jJy4eQj1Rq
— Ali Vitali (@alivitali) February 12, 2020
NEW: Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick suspends his 2020 presidential bid. https://t.co/LJLfbFrOlJ
— ABC News (@ABC) February 12, 2020
First on CNN: Deval Patrick, the former Massachusetts governor who in November made a late entrance into the Democratic 2020 race, decided to end his campaign on Wednesday, he tells CNN in a statement.
Our story: https://t.co/w65kuF87jm
— Dan Merica (@merica) February 12, 2020
Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, the last remaining African American candidate in a Democratic presidential field once defined by its diversity, ended his 2020 campaign after his late bid failed to catch fire or resonate with voters. https://t.co/4kdPIwZ6CC
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) February 12, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) February 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- WATCH: Amazing takedown of suspect by K9 cop
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: Black, gay Republican blasts Jussie Smollett for hate crime hoax