BREAKING: Florida prosecutors offer deal to drop charges against Robert Kraft
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Prosecutors in Florida have reportedly offered to drop charges against New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft if he agrees to a deal that would have him admit he would have been proven guilty had the case gone to trial.
The Wall Street Journal reports that prosecutors have offered a deferred prosecution agreement to Kraft and others charged with soliciting prostitution that would require them to complete an education course about prostitution, complete 100 hours of community service, screen for sexually transmitted diseases and pay a portion of court costs.
The article goes on to state the following:
Additionally, the newspaper reported that Kraft would have to review the case against him and agree that the state would have found him guilty if the case went to trial.
The Journal said it was unclear whether Kraft would accept the offer.
The Wall Street Journal further stated in their report:
Mr. Kraft, whose Patriots won the Super Bowl in February, was one of more than two dozen men charged with solicitation last month in Jupiter as part of a multi-city investigation into multiple South Florida spas. One of those locations was Orchids of Asia Day Spa, which Mr. Kraft allegedly visited and received sex acts. Prosecutors charged him with two counts of soliciting prostitution, acts they say were caught on video surveillance. Mr. Kraft has pleaded not guilty.
— The Hill (@thehill) March 19, 2019
Florida prosecutors have offered to drop charges against Bob Kraft and a number of other men charged with soliciting prostitution, according to a person familiar with the matter—if the men admit they would have been proven guilty at trial. https://t.co/R9WjYHGNng @andrewlbeaton
— Rebecca Ballhaus (@rebeccaballhaus) March 19, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence