BREAKING: FISA report: DOJ watchdog releases findings on Russia probe surveillance
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The Justice Department’s inspector general on Monday released the long-awaited internal review concerning the origins of the Russia investigation.
The report concluded that investigators found no intentional misconduct or political bias surrounding efforts to seek a highly controversial Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page in the early months of the Russia investigation — but also faulted the FBI over numerous “omissions” and “inaccuracies” in the application process.
The article goes on to state the following:
The IG probe identified at least 17 “significant” errors in the Page applications and said they would launch a new audit into the FISA process.
CLICK HERE to read the entire, just-released report.
The Wall Street Journal shared the following:
“That so many basic and fundamental errors were made by three separate, hand-picked teams on one of the most sensitive FBI investigations that was briefed to the highest levels within the FBI, and that FBI officials expected would eventually be subjected to close scrutiny, raised significant questions regarding the FBI chain of command’s management and supervision of the FISA process,” the report said, referring to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.
BRK: Full Justice Department Inspector General’s report here >>> https://t.co/jLtBTXmAhC
— Christina Wilkie (@christinawilkie) December 9, 2019
A Justice Department watchdog found “serious performance failures” in the surveillance of a Trump aide but concluded that the FBI was justified in opening its counterintelligence probe into the Trump campaign. https://t.co/yDBjPKHNGr
— Rebecca Ballhaus (@rebeccaballhaus) December 9, 2019
The IG announced he is opening a new audit of FBI surveillance of Americans under FISA, given his concerns about the Page surveillancehttps://t.co/AIdBJSi9EF
— Betsy Woodruff Swan (@woodruffbets) December 9, 2019
BREAKING: DOJ Inspector General finds “serious performance failures” in FBI’s Carter Page probe—but no evidence that political bias informed the FBI decision to start investigating people linked to the Trump campaign https://t.co/xCC7ZUfZBd
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) December 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- WHY DO THIS TO TRUMP? Fox News Poll reveals anti-Trump sentiment
- GOT TO SEE: Joy Villa shocks liberals with Pro-Trump dress at Grammys
- HYPOCRISY: Dems seeking to impeach Trump for blocking aid to Ukraine, voted against the same thing
- VIDEO: Schiff scoffs at GOP calls for his testimony in impeachment trial
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- VIDEO: Schiff says Trump tweet is ‘intended to be’ a threat
- REPORT: Trump rips Chuck Todd for ‘softball’ Schiff interview
- VIDEO: Dershowitz speaks out on case Democrats laid out in Senate trial
- REPORT: 2020 hopeful celebrates after qualifying poll puts him back on Democratic debate stage
- UPDATE: FIFTH coronavirus case now confirmed in US; infection can spread before symptoms show