BREAKING: Federal judge denies request on challenge to Trump travel ban
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A federal judge in Michigan on Wednesday denied a government request to dismiss a revised lawsuit against President Trump’s travel ban.
U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts determined that the case the plaintiffs – four American Muslims and five organizations representing them – are making revolves around equal protection and freedom of speech and association and is separate from the Establishment Clause claim the Supreme Court considered last year when it upheld the ban.
The article goes on to state the following:
Wednesday’s decision follows a similar one in Maryland where U.S. District Judge Theodore Chuang ruled a lawsuit could proceed because of new information about how the administration has implemented the ban.
These two decisions both mean the fight over Trump’s travel ban is not over.
— The Hill (@thehill) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Continues To Divert Campaign Funds To Alleged Boyfriend’s Company
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- BREAKING: 4th defendant in case involving Rudy Giuliani associates arrested at airport
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- REPORT: Democratic presidential debate question about Ellen sparks outrage
- VIDEO: Pelosi doubles down on Trump ‘meltdown’: ‘We have to pray for his health’
- Trump Tweets: ‘The Do Nothing Democrats’ and ‘Nervous Nancy’s Unhinged Meltdown’ [PICTURES]