BREAKING: Dems plan 12-hour marathon Mueller report reading
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A group of more than 20 Democratic lawmakers are planning a marathon-style reading of special counsel Robert Mueller’s redacted report at the Capitol on Thursday.
The office of Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon (D-Pa.), the vice chairwoman of the House Judiciary Committee, confirmed the plans to The Hill on Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Scanlon told The Washington Post that she devised the plan because of the “no collusion” and “no obstruction” claims made in the wake of the Mueller report.
“We’ve been saying for weeks that if you think there was no obstruction and no collusion, you haven’t read the Mueller report,” Scanlon said. “So the ongoing quest has been how do we get that story out there while we are waiting for the witnesses to come in.”
Scanlon added that lawmakers would conduct the reading inside the House Rules Committee Room inside the Capitol. She said that the group would read all 448 pages of the report and that the reading would stretch between 12 and 14 hours.
Safeguarding our democracy is a responsibility we all share. We will be live streaming a full reading of the entire redacted Mueller report #ForThePeople on Thursday starting at 12PM. An audio book version will be available once we are through👍🏽. https://t.co/XBdBI4uRUi
— Congresswoman Mary Gay Scanlon (@RepMGS) May 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Watch: Students Say Obama Immigration Quote Is ‘Racist’
- REPORT: Green card scam thwarted by ‘best sex ever’ text that arrived as immigration agent was reviewing phone
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- REPORT: Justin Bieber makes public appeal to Trump
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- VIDEO: Megan Rapinoe comments on possibility of running for office
- REPORT: ‘I just made it up’… Florida Dem admits lying about Pulse shooting
- VIDEO: Knifeman storms on stage and STABS Tomb Raider star
- REPORT: Twitter Suspends Angel Mom for Posting About Illegal Immigration
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question