BREAKING: Democrats Kill GOP Effort to Censure Schiff
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNEWYORK.COM:
Republicans failed to force a vote on the House floor on Monday evening on a resolution that would have censured House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., for his handling of the impeachment inquiry.
Democrats, who control the chamber, killed the GOP effort after House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., offered a motion to table the measure. The motion was adopted in a 218-185 vote, NBC News reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Introduced by Arizona Republican Andy Biggs, who chairs the conservative House Freedom Caucus, the resolution alleged that Schiff “manufactured a false retelling” of the phone call between President Donald Trump and Ukraine’s leader, instead of quoting from the record of the conversation released by the White House. Schiff made the remarks at a Sept. 26 hearing on a whistleblower complaint about the phone call.
After the vote, Schiff tweeted, “It will be said of House Republicans, When they found they lacked the courage to confront the most dangerous and unethical president in American history, They consoled themselves by attacking those who did.”
It will be said of House Republicans,
When they found they lacked the courage to confront the most dangerous and unethical president in American history,
They consoled themselves by attacking those who did.
— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) October 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNEWYORK.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NBCNEWYORK.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Celebrity singer calls flight attendant ‘racist’ after incident onboard
- REPORT: First Lady Melania Trump given disgusting label on Wikimedia’s Wikidata Site
- POLL: Was Trump’s tweet against Yovanovitch ‘intimidation of a witness’?
- REPORT: State Dept. official confirms Trump-Sondland conversation on Ukraine probes
- EXCLUSIVE: Ilhan Omar threatens Trump amid impeachment hearings
- VIDEO: Trump accuses intelligence inspector general of seeking ‘publicity for himself’
- BREAKING: Stolen Kansas trailer found, thousands of meals inside meant for homeless vets gone
- REPORT: New witness claims first-hand account of Trump’s push for Ukraine probes
- REPORT: Former WH counsel: Trump ‘should have been impeached the day he walked in’
- BREAKING: Boeing 737 forced to divert after engine shuts down