BREAKING: Democrat says he expects to oppose articles of impeachment against Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Freshman Rep. Jefferson Van Drew (D-N.J.) said Friday that he expects to oppose articles of impeachment against President Trump, dismissing a push from Democrats in his district to side with the party.
Van Drew represents a district that had long been held by the GOP until his election in 2018. He was one of only two Democrats to break party lines in late October and vote against a resolution establishing procedures for the public phase of the impeachment inquiry.
The article goes on to state the following:
Van Drew said that the weeks since then — which have featured several public hearings with witnesses to Trump’s dealings with Ukraine and constitutional experts — haven’t changed his position that impeachment isn’t warranted.
Van Drew said, “I’ll look at new information that’s presented. I’ll always have an open mind. But where I am now is where I was before.”
— The Hill (@thehill) December 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Alan Dershowitz makes stunning statement on Trump impeachment acquittal
- Swing voters are furious with Pelosi’s impeachment ‘obsession’
- VIDEO: Senate Democrat responds to possibility of testimony from Hunter Biden
- DML: The key to killing impeachment is expose the Dems!
- VIDEO: Pelosi does impression of McConnell; uses grim nickname
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders explains difference between him and Elizabeth Warren
- REPORT: Person who decided to release Strzok-Page texts revealed; Twitter outraged
- JUST IN: Trump given plaque to mark important border accomplishment [PICTURE]
- UPDATE: ICE subpoenas sanctuary city over illegal immigrants accused of murder
- REPORT: Trump releases statement on possible negotiations with Iran